- Who can open a General Savings Account with J&K Bank?
General Savings account can be opened by individuals, either singly or jointly, Parents/ Guardians on behalf of minors, literate minors above 10 years who can sign regularly, and organizations, entities, etc allowed by RBI.
- What is the minimum Average Monthly Balance required to be maintained?
Minimum AMB of Rs. 1000/- for General SB A/C without Cheque Book facility.
Minimum AMB of Rs. 2000/- for General SB A/C with Cheque Book facility.
What are the charges for non maintenance of the minimum Average Monthly Balance
- A/C without Cheque book (Minimum AMB: Rs. 1000/-)
Rs. 25 plus GST per Rs. 100 of the shortfall or part thereof from Average Monthly Balance Requirement OR Rs. 250/- per month + GST, whichever is lower.
- A/Cs with Cheque Book (Minimum AMB: Rs. 2000/-)
₹ 25 plus GST per ₹100 of the shortfall or part thereof from Average Monthly Balance Requirement OR ₹ 500/- per month + GST, whichever is lower
What are the benefits of the General Savings Account?
You can avail the following benefits:
- Free cash withdrawals over the counter: 30 withdrawals per half year.
- International Debit Card issued with ATM withdrawal limit of Rs 0.40 lac /day & PoS transaction limit of Rs 1.00 lac/day.
- Free e-banking / m-banking facility.
- 20 Cheque leaves free per year. (25 Cheque leaves for Senior Citizens).